Monday, November 06, 2006

Bulls Game Pics -- Actually Drunk Pics

What an awful week -- and it started so promising. I sliced a homerun to right field in my softball game last Monday (and if you know me, you know I don't hit many homeruns), was 4-5 with 4 RBIs and 4 runs scored, but we ended up losing in the last inning 18-17. Big arguement with the woman on Tuesday night followed by missing work Wednesday to make up. Thursday was recharge day, as I was asleep by 8 PM in order to be at full strength for Friday's festivities. Friday afternoon, five people (outta 17) dropped out of the limo-rental, leaving me to some dicey negotiating with Limo Bob to keep the same deal we originally agreed upon. (If you're ever in Chicago and are in need of a limosine, I highly highly highly recommend Limo Bob. He did me a solid on Friday night.)

Then Chicago Bull 88 Sacramento Kings 89...sigh. Incase anyone else is keeping track -- I know I am -- I'm 0-fer-2006 so far attending any Chicago sports outings including a loss at US Cellular Field. And we have a road trip to Milwaukee for a Bulls game coming up in a month or two. The pic at top is from the 300 level, and while the seats weren't terrible, the vertigo I encountered along with my drunkeness still led to more than a few moments of trepidation. But at least I shared the misery of the night with friends.


Me and Groovin' do a little drunk breakdancing, while me and Smooth try to look hard. (Yeah, I too subscribe to the Bill Simmons school of dumb buddy names on a blog. But aren't drunk pics the best?)


Dean and Nicole on the left and a bunch of us disorderly South Side drunks on the right.
Don't even get me started about what time I stumbled into bed that night.

Saturday brought some minor relief as Notre Dame mauled North Carolina (which will have it's separate post later on today), but it was back to the same old shitty sports week when the Bears laid the history-reminding egg against the Dolphins Sunday afternoon. My buddy Smooth is a Dolphins fan, and we mocked him mercilessly all night Friday. I was smart enough to turn off my phone after the Bears game cuz the torrent coming my way will be of epic proportions.

This post seems more like a rambling diary entry than a thoughtful sports post, but I promised my friends that I get the pics up on the site. So guys and gals, enjoy. (For those who don't know, clicking on the pics links to a larger, somewhat clearer version of the pic.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

Very unjealous I missed out on that loss...of money, braincells, and oh yeah, the game.

10:28 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Criminal Appeal said...

My stepdad spent the entire game mumbling under his breath about how terrible Duhon is. By the end, I think he was ready to charge the floor and take him out.

11:53 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will never forget this shit!

1:19 AM, September 20, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home