Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Great Sports Coaster!

Today is Thursday. That's the day before Friday and the day after Wednesday, and around these parts it's the great link day. Last week's slow blogging left a hole in the fabric of the Fleece & Flog time/space/blog continuum so we're making sure to jump into our Tardis to get to great and tragic thoughts uttered by the blogging masses.

Translation: we forgot to post links last week, so here they are this week. (I love taking the long way home.)

Onto the links------------
  1. Fornelli posts a soccer link? It must have been a slow day in sports. (Foul Balls)
  2. There will be no shuckin' and jivin' at Orlando Magic games. And Jeeves is quite happy about that. (ChiSox Blog)
  3. If you have the time, Blog-a-Bull is the place to check out the average fan's reaction to the Miami/Chicago game. There were a Blog-a-Bull record for comments that night in the game thread. (Blog-a-Bull)
  4. Criminal Appeal might be a tad superstitious when it comes to sports. (Ron Karkovice Fan Club)
  5. We love The Big Lead since they linked us, and this bit of Mike Greenberg news is just the kinda shit we like to link ourselves. (The Big Lead)
  6. Can Barbaro possibly be as popular as this? (Deadspin)
  7. Panger should just give in now. I'm gonna win our contest. (28 Days)
  8. The natives are getting restless when the skates hit the ice at the United Center. (Wirtz Sucks)
  9. Clinton Portis and Flava Flav are sharing women. Herpes simplex 10 is about to be created. (Kissing Suzy Kolber)
  10. So that West Virginia vs. Louisville game tonight is kind of a big deal? (With Leather)
  11. Cheat wants us to vote for Hawk Harrelson for the Frick Award? I actually think Cheat is kidding, but who knows. (South Side Sox)
  12. Olin Kreutz will retire as a Chicago Bear unless he pulls a Ruben Brown. (Chicago Tribune)
  13. In a slight nod to Peter King's MMQB, this is your non-sports link of the week...John McNally is an author from my hometown of Burbank, Illinois, and I highly recommend his books as a slice of life from the South Side of Chicago -- even if his glasses look pretentious. (The Book of Ralph)
Well, that should help repair the hole I created last week by posting no links. And remember, as Gary Gnu always says, "No gnus is good gnews!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

Great, now everyone know your hometown. My parents will have to move in week to avoid losing anymore value on their house...if only they knew a real estate agent...

Just joshin'.
Yea Burbank!


(even though I moved)

10:46 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger John McNally said...

Hey. Thanks for the nod to my books. I appreciate it. I'm trying to put Burbank on the map. That, or I'm planning a run for mayor, and the books are a part of my carefully orchestrated plan to get my name out there before throwing my hat into the ring. As for the glasses, you're right: they're pretentious. Next time, I'll get some Harry Caray frames to satisfy the Chicago sports fans.

12:45 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

No Harry Caray glasses needed. We southsiders turned our back on the Cub traitor long ago. By the way, did you ever consider contacts? Just kidding.

12:50 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

Take out that political hack Klein?I will force my 'rents to go vote. Good luck with everything. Hey, if you have any interest in doing a book signing, I know a store manager in Western Springs that would probably be thrilled. Let me know and I can set up the call/meeting if you so desire.

4:14 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger John McNally said...

I'll be spending the spring in Chicago -- Columbia College invited me back as their Visiting Writer -- so I may be in need of some book signing venues.

Hey, I wore contacts for over twenty years, but I got tired of waking up on planes with what felt like razor blades poking out of my eyes, so I switched to glasses. I can't see a damned thing without them. You're making fun of a blind man, for chrissakes.

Cheers, John

8:00 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

I will be in contact as best as I can with the book signing information.
For the record, I have worn glasses continually since I was six. I never gave in to the contacts propaganda machine. Of course I also wasn't very visually appealing, but that wasn't all the glasses fault, and is a story best left untold. The lenses are old school glass, not plastic, though.
Much more durable.

12:31 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home