Monday, September 25, 2006

All That Sound And Fury Signifying......

Something. I'll give you it signifies something. No, I'm not talking about the ND comeback. Let others get all gooey about that (as I'm sure they will). I'm going to talk about a local team. Reluctantly. Your hometown Bears. It's a little hard to get too excited when sharing space with how good Grossman was (despite an interception he and his Off.Cord. can't agree about) is how everyone is wetting themselves about how it was three games in a row, and his first fourth quarter touchdown. What, you wanted to cue the SuperBowl Shuffle Two music? Don't rush Gould into a Fred Astaire Dance Studio just yet. Better teams, like the kind the Bears will face if they hope to get into the SuperBowl, will run better than the Vikings. Oh, and it will be harder to come back from two turnovers aginst them. But don't despair too much. This defense will get tighter and better. Thomas Jones will run better. Cedric Benson might one day run. If Flexy Rexy can stay in one piece, and if that one piece can stay on the field, minus scoring interceptions, the Bears should get pretty far. Maybe a dancing, rapping Kyle Orton kind of pretty far. You can only hope.
Until we meet again, be good.

6 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

(This blogging thing suits you, I see, Dub-ya.)

And Minnesota was a lot better than I expected. The bigger test is next week against the Seattle Seahawks. It don't get much bigger than playing the NFC representative in the lat year's Superbowl who is also 3-0.

1:24 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

One more thing, you ever hear of paragraphs? It's called the enter/return button!

Blog on, brother.

1:27 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

Did you ever hear of spell check?
Or how about grammar check?
"...in the lat years's Super Bowl..."
What is a "lat"?
The "the" is superfluous.
Not only do I have paragraphs, I indent five character spaces, all to no apparent avail. Even now I am hindered by being unable to easily use bold or italics (don't even say HTML to yourself techboy). By all means contiue with your accidentally ironic editorial commentary. It does pass the time. Like listening to paint dry.

4:34 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Mistakes are okay for comments especially when you're in hurry.

And it's the indents that are probably hurting you. Just hit return twice. Just trying to help.

Don't make me get out my gong, Dub-ay!

4:39 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

Mistakes are NEVER okay. No wonder you read the Trib (written for seventh grade level, as opposed to Sun-Times, written for eighth). I'm always in a hurry doing this stuff, AND, I don't type very well. I think I get the double return thing, though. Thanks.

Oh, an not only did you spell Dub-ya wrong, but if memory serves, (which is sketchy) my nom de geek was the full Double-U. I believed this because of being thankful when President Hackwood came into prominence that I had a slight differentiation. There, now I used all of my fifty-cent words for the day; hope you're happy.

P.S. Full disclosure alert: I spelled "continue" wrong in my previous commentary. I'm a sick, sad lad.

5:00 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

If you get a chance, click the link ChiSox Blog and scroll down to check out my Douglas Adams-inspired post about yesterday's game. I know you're a fan, so....

5:07 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home