Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Links of Death

Shameless self-promotion -- that's our game. To boldly promote the nascent beginning of this blog. Well never let it be said that we don't give the love back.

Last night sounded the death-knell of the reigning World Series Champions, the White Sox. (To be fair, they're not completely elim-a-dated from a second brush with destiny; it's just that The Matadors' twin sisiters have congregated and begun clearing their throats.) I'm dealing with this the way any sane Sox would, I'm passing blame. And here to help me out are a few friends of mine who've already spoken their minds on the subject.

So I'm calling this post The Links of Death...

  1. First and foremost, there's good ol' Jeeves over at Chi-Sox Blog, my mentor. (It feels funny calling someone younger than me my mentor, but then again this stream-of-consciousness parenthetical won't win me any Pulitzers either. What does one have to do with the other? Who knows? I guess James Joyce is safe for now.) He's officially thrown in the towel on this 2006 White Sox season and can't even find solace in winning his own Pick to Click race.
  2. I feel for Cheat over at SouthSideSox.com. Moreso than any other blog around, he's been up and down and all around and no amount of optimistic commentors can pull his spirit out of the grave. Succintly he states, "And so it ends."
  3. Then there's Fornelli, the man of good banter, good banter, good banter. His take on the Sox ending -- Reality Bites -- over at his Foul Balls blog is exactly why I'm linking instead of posting myself. Our posts would have looked plagaristically the same, and he is a man of integrity. One question though: do Foul Balls = smegmatic eminations?
  4. Buda at ChiSox Daily uses three words to describe it.
  5. Dan over at DT Kelly's Sports Page champions euthanasia for the season.
  6. Frank the Tank's Slant has a musical theme, a taps if you will for the 2006 White Sox.
  7. And Jim over at Sox Machine puts as optimistic a spin as possible on the early ending.

There maybe more links of death out there in cyber-land, but we can only look at a corpse for so long before a morbid sense of dread creeps over our collective being. What more can be said about the 2006 White Sox season? At least they were better than the Cubs!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fornelli said...

Well I'm going to plagiarize you a bit now, as I was going to use the occasion of you guys having a new blog to start doing a daily links post too.

So I guess you're going to have to sue me.

3:57 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I dunno if you're a Seinfeld fan, James, but I just saw the "mentor episode" and I think it's hilarious that you called me your mentor.

4:52 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

I have watched Jerry & friends, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Instruct me, Obi-wan.

4:55 PM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home