Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Our Latest Addition to Fleece & Flog

What is wrong with me? Am I growing soft in my old age? Am I feeling nostalgic for Andre and Ryno? Am I giving in to my love for all things Chicago?

Whatever the case, I'd like everyone to welcome our newest contributor here at F&F, ChicagoCubbin. Yes, he'll balance the biased White Sox coverage we at F&F provide with some very knowledgeable Cubs info. Yes, he will be a voice crying out in the wilderness, or more likely, Don Quixote taking on windmills. But mostly he'll be the whipping boy for our Cubs disdain.

That's not to say he won't chime in on another subject or two.

Quite the chipper and feisty young buck, CC has promised to keep up with the joneses here at F&F, and I, for one, believe him. Of course I had to mortgage the farm, sell the family goat and donate a healthy batch of last year's crops in order to keep my White Sox fan card, but I'm not worried about it.

Now the neighbor's daughter, that's a different matter.

8 Comments:

Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

There will be no comments on you, of all people owning something which demands work start around your bedtime. Nothing said about the absence or quality of your "personal" life without the family goat. No questions asked about the exact nature of the "crops" you were to donate. Or even why the nieghbor's "daughter" is named Chuck.

HOWEVER...a CUBS FAN?!?! Did you lose a bet. Was it this or a kidney? Hadn't it been determined that "knowledgeable Cubs info" was an oxymoron in the league of military intelligence or government oversight? Have you actually been a closet Cubs fan all this time? Is this your ingenious way of bringing your alternate personality to the fore?

We three wiseguys may have had different favorite teams in every other sport but our common bond was the White Sox (and the associated hatred of all things Cubdom [or Cubdumb] any true White Sox fan is born with). Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy...don't you see, you're tearing us apart?!?!?!

Alright, enough screwing around. Good luck to the new guy. As long as he doesn't try to defend Barrett sucker-punching White Sox catchers, everything wwill be just fine.

12:13 PM, December 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping the Cubs fan knows the difference between "edition" and "addition"

2:00 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

My apologies and thanks Grammar Police. As the de facto editor/grammar enforcer, it should have been my catch. Maybe because it was in the title slot I missed it. Maybe it is just the sheer quantity I find myself inundated with that caused the slip. I shall redouble my efforts.

Special thanks to Jimmy for the ongoing effort to prove my ever-present falliblity.

I could have understood better if you had gotten all Bobby Brown on it and wrote "New Edition", but alas, you did not.

2:52 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Welcome ChicagoCubbin...just curious, but what did you think about the whole AJ/Barrett punch situation?

3:39 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

guess I got caught between "edition of" and "addition to"...it was 5 AM, but thanks anyways grammar police

6:12 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

In my own apparent ongoing effort to prove my fallibilty I previously misspelled fallibility wrong. Will the Gods of Irony allow me no rest?

12:20 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Cubs suck.

1:54 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

You said it, brother.

2:38 PM, December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home