Thursday, October 12, 2006

Can T.O. Stand For Time Off?

As a Cowboys fan, I am continually torn between rooting for the team, and against the team's highest pained (in the neck) receiver. So even as Dallas lost last week to a division rival, I was less than devastated. It allowed me to cheer on a guy I think is one of the classier acts in the NFL. I speak of Chicago lad Donovan McNabb. I have followed his career since he was in high school through his standout Syracuse years into the NFL were too many shortsighted Philadelphia fans were bitter about McNabb being drafted. I will continue to root for Dallas and against the idiot-bomb that is Terrell Owens. When he was on the Eagles last year, I hoped the team would cut him and he would sign with the Giants or Washington to bring about the ruin of another division rival and leave our hometown guy alone. I realize that everyone who isn't a Cowboys fan is enjoying the clustermuck he has already caused in Dallas, as would I. I can no longer think of any team I would wish him upon.
It would be nice to see him on an Irish club football team, though. If you know the type of game of which I speak, you are probably getting a good chuckle right now.
Until next time, be good.

1 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

In the words of Ben Fong Torres, "Donovan McNabb, Southsider, groovy."

5:53 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home