Thursday, December 14, 2006

Welcome to the Show!

Well first things first. I think that is great that you guys have taken the initiative and signed a talent such as myself. I definitely think my presence is needed, due to the apparent anti-Cub environment, I will be a breath of fresh air, or least someone who hasn't yet drank massive amounts of the Kool-aid. That being said there has been some inquiry to what my opinion on the "Tale of two catchers" may be. For our readers who aren't familiar with this worn out tale, during the "Cross-town Classic" Michael Barrett punched A.J. Given A.J.'s past, my feeling is that he most likely deserved it. From a fans perspective It did anger me. Basically it just perpetrated the image of losers that the Cubs for some reason love to cling too. You've got a decent catcher in Barrett losing his cool and punching a superior player. Although I disagree with the way Barrett acted he should check into leaving the Cubs for the UFC, because he did lay a massive hurtin' on good old A.J. So now you know, although I don't agree with it, if your going to act like an animal that's the way to do it. To my fellow gents here at Fleece and Flog, I look forward to being part of your well informed, intelligent, cutting-edge, and sometime ridiculous antics!

3 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

That check-list at the bottom is a little off...

Well Informed...the research department begs to differ

Intelligent...in our own minds

Cutting Edge...maybe for a plate of cheese

At least the "sometimes ridiculous" is right.

Welcome aboard, CC! And teach Soxually Repressed how to post a pic, cuz he still ain't figured it out.

6:53 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger DickdaStick said...

There goes the neighborhood....sheesh !!

11:04 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Soxually Repressed said...

First of all, it was rumored that all new columnist were to supply all existing columnist with a selection of assorted summer sausages or the cheese equivilent. (It is in the FtPx2 by-laws.)

Second, it is widely known that the Great Kool-Aid Shortage of '89 was CAUSED by play-off enthralled Cub fans. Kool-Aid sales, particularly CubbyCrush Blue, are historically higher on the north side to this day.

Third, "massive hurtin'"? How would one act after such a blow? By falling to the ground, rooling around holding one's jaw? Maybe by acting as if a gnat had grazed his cheek? If one were to review the tape, which reaction was closer to reality?

AND Fourth, (this is a lot, even for me) we are as cutting edge as yesterday's news, ALL our antics are ridiculous (we signed a contract), and our research department is the best that partially eaten summer sausage can buy. Intelligent? Not to speak for Jimmy and Jeeves, but I, personally, I am an idiot. And I"M the editor!

Alright, enough hazing the rookie, it isn't as much fun if you're not dressed as a catholic school girl. You're not, are you? 'Cause if you are, it could save you some summer sausage...

Good luck, and welcome to Fant-sorry, FtPx2.

2:35 PM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home